Getting burgled can be an incredibly emotionally distressing experience, especially when valuable or sentimental belongings are lost. Immobilise is a free online service, fully supported by the police (via the Secured by Design
initiative), in association with the National Mobile Property Register (NMPR)
. Subscribers can register their valuables with the database and add photos, descriptions etc. so that in the case of their property being stolen and then found by Police, it can easily be returned to them. With almost 30,000,000 items registered it is the world’s largest free property register and is used by all 43 Police forces in the UK. It can also help greatly with insurance claims and crime reports as you have a way to show exactly what was taken and the preventative measures you had in place.
You can register for free with the Immobilise service at www.immobilise.com
Thieves are using stickers advertising a fictitious local locksmith company to mark homes which are an 'easy target'. The criminals carry out a preliminary reconnaissance on the area and mark houses which are deemed as having poor security measures in place. They later return to break into the houses which have already been marked as targets. The authorities are advising residents to remove the stickers immediately if they see any on their doors or windows.
Is your home secure? Call us today on 01395 350018 to arrange a security check on your premises.
You can read more about this story at http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-24994148
There are several good reasons why you should consider choosing LockRite when looking for a locksmith in Exmouth.
- All our locksmiths are DBS (CRB) checked which means they do not have a hidden criminal past.
- The price quoted is the price you pay. We do not artificially inflate prices on the doorstep like some unscrupulous locksmith companies.
- LockRite is a national and trusted brand but all our locksmiths are self employed individuals who live within, or close to, your area. By choosing LockRite you are choosing to support local business, keeping money within your local economy.
- If it is an emergency we can usually be on our way to you immediately and we will show up (unlike some companies who say they will but don't, wasting your time).
Call us now on 01395 350018 for a free, no obligation quote.
Locking problems with uPVC door's is a more common problem than you may think. Do you struggle when trying to lock your uPVC door(s)?. Do you have to lift the handle and hold it in the fully up position and still struggle to turn the key? If so, this can be putting undue stress on to the multipoint locking system, the cylinder, the handles and hinges of your door. This can lead to premature failure of any or all of these parts and land you with an expensive repair bill. If you are really unfortunate your door could fail in the locked position, either locking you out or into your property. If this sounds familiar, give us a call on 01395 350018, your Exmouth Locksmith will attend, assess and resolve the problems for you, normally within an hour.
There are many factors to consider when choosing a locksmith in Exmouth. Our checklist below should help you when making a decision.
- Check the locksmith is DBS (CRB) checked. This will reveal whether they have a hidden criminal past. You need someone you can trust working with your home security, so if they do not have a clean DBS (CRB) check walk away.
- Check the price quoted is what you will pay. Many locksmiths will quote one price on the phone only to bump the price up dramatically once the work has been undertaken. Make sure you know what you will be paying before work commences and sign something agreeing to the charges.
- Make sure you are happy with what the locksmith says regarding your home security and don't be pressurised into an expensive upsell. Not all locks are equal, and some cheaper locks do not provide adequate security for home insurance purposes so make sure if you're having new locks installed they are right for you.
- Always use a trusted locksmith with a decent reputation and accountability. There are many rogue traders who just want to rip customers off. Check their websites for testimonials and guarantees. If anything looks or feels dodgy, walk away and find another locksmith.
- Call their advertised number and see how long it takes them to answer. If calls are left ringing with no answer or diverts to voicemail numerous times it could indicate they will be difficult to get hold of if there is a problem with their work. Use a locksmith who answers their phone!
Hopefully this checklist will help you to choose the best Exmouth locksmith for your needs.
All LockRite locksmiths are DBS (CRB) checked and will always confirm the price you will pay before commencing any work.
Call 01395 350018 now for a free, no obligation quote.
Many of Britain’s van drivers could be putting themselves at risk of theft without the correct level of insurance cover according to a survey by a leading insurance comparison website.
Approximately 65% of van owners surveyed, which included many small businesses, said they used their vans to transport tools, goods or equipment and over half of those surveyed said they left items in their vehicles overnight.
Approximately 10% of those surveyed also admitted to selecting the 'social only' insurance level to reduce insurance costs which would not be adequate for a business/commercial insurance claim.
Read more about this story at : http://www.locksmithjournal.co.uk/van-drivers-put-their-vehicles-at-risk-of-theft
This is a more common problem than you may think.
Do you have to lift the handle and hold it in the fully up position and still struggle to turn the key? If so, this can be putting undue stress on to the multipoint locking system, the cylinder, the handles and hinges of your door. This can lead to premature failure of any or all of these parts and land you with an expensive repair bill. If you are really unfortunate your door could fail in the locked position, either locking you out or into your property.
If this sounds familiar, give us a call, we will attend, assess and resolve the problems for you, normally within an hour’s labour charge plus parts and VAT where necessary.
Rotten wood is easily removed and can give an intruder a way into your home. Keep your home secure by replacing rotted wood with fresh timber.
Don't utilize spring latch locks. These type of locks can actually be opened by using a credit card. This is achieved by sliding the card into the space between the latch and the door. This causes the lock to click open. If you are already using locks that operate on spring latches, improve your security by adding a deadbolt.
Turn off ringers on land line phones while you are on holiday. A burglar might hear your phone ring and ring and ring, then realize that you are not home to answer it.
Arrange for someone to pick up your mail and remove any leaflets from your postbox if you are out of town. Canny burglars will often produce and distribute their own leaflets so that they can see whether or not anyone removes them. If the leaflet is not removed, it's easy for a burglar to suspect that the owner is away.
Use motion sensors on exterior lighting. When a person walks by your home too closely, these lights will go on. Then you will know someone is present, and if the person is a burglar, he or she will be very likely to turn around and leave. Remember to keep working bulbs in them at all times.
If you have valuables, whether a laptop, tablet, large flat-screen TV, art, or jewellery, keep them away from the windows. If these valuable items cannot be seen from outside, a thief will not motivated to break in and steal them.
The latest UK crime statistics show an alarming rise in vehicle thefts involving the use of a key with 25 percent of all stolen vehicles now being taken with the original key or a cloned copy.
It is important to lock your car, even when kept in a garage, and ensure your car keys are kept out of sight from the opportunist thief as a car which is stolen with the use of a key is unlikely to be covered in the event of an insurance claim.
As autumn approaches and the temperatures start to drop the nights start closing in. Unfortunately darker evenings mean more opportunities for burglars so it's essential to look at your home security and make sure it's up to the job. Anti snap locks, deadbolts and window locks will help to prevent most opportunist thieves and security lighting will deter intruders.
If you are unsure how secure your home is, call your local LockRite Exmouth locksmith today on 01395 350018 to arrange a home security survey.
As summer approaches and the days get warmer it is natural to leave windows open and doors ajar to keep homes cooler. Unfortunately this can be an open invitation to the "sneak-in" opportunist burglar who will take advantage of open doors and windows and make off with small, expensive items such as mobile phones and laptops, or even a set of house keys to return later when the house is empty or everyone is asleep.
If a burglary takes place without any visible signs of forced entry it can invalidate insurance claims, so it is important to remain security concious in the summer. One way to help prevent "sneak-in" burglaries is to install door security chains and window restrictors. This allows doors and windows to be left open slightly while offering enough security to deter an opportunist thief.
Call your local Exmouth locksmith on 01395 350018 today to discuss your home security needs.
Do you know how many sets of keys are in circulation to your new home? How many generations of people have lived there? Do they still have keys? Do you trust they will never return or pass on those keys?
Don't take any chances, change your locks today! We can supply and fit brand new front and rear locks at a very reasonable price. Call now for a free, no obligation quote.
When it comes to something as sensitive as securing your property you need to be 100% sure you can trust the person doing the job, so when it comes to choosing a locksmith in Exmouth you probably can't do better than choosing LockRite, and here's why:
- We are a nationally recognised and respected brand with a local locksmith who lives in, or near Exmouth and in most cases can be with you within 30-60 minutes.
- Our local Exmouth locksmith is fully trained in the latest non destructive entry techniques, is CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) checked and always carries photo ID so you know when you book a LockRite locksmith you are booking a trustworthy professional.
- All work is 100% guaranteed with 12 months guarantee on all parts and 90 days guarantee on all workmanship.
- Call us now on 01395 350018 for a competitive quote and peace of mind you are dealing with a company that cares about your security.
Home security is always worth considering, and even more so if you happen to live in an area which is prone to crime. The website www.police.uk has an online, interactive map which shows you crime and burglary levels in your area.
Click here to view crime and burglary statistics for Exmouth
No matter what the problem, whether you are locked in or locked out, if you need your locks changed or re-keyed or if you just need new keys cut, we come to you. We can be with you within 30 minutes* and all work is fully guaranteed with 12 months on parts and 90 days on all labour.
Don't risk your hard earned cash on a cheap locksmith with no accountability as many of these use questionable sales tactics and cheap, sub-standard parts. Choose LockRite and get it done 'Rite' first time!
Call 01395 350018 now
The dangers of lock snapping were recently discussed on the One Show (7th March 2012) and the advice is to ensure the locks on your uPVC doors are designed to withstand this kind of forced entry.
Lock snapping is a technique used by burglars where uPVC locks are literally snapped in half allowing quick access to your property. Unfortunately this type of forced entry is becoming more and more commonplace, and many homes with uPVC doors in the Exmouth area are susceptible to this kind of attack unless the locks have been upgraded with anti-snap cylinders.
We can provide anti-snap, anti-bump and anti-pick locks for your doors. Call us now on 01395 350018 for a free, no obligation quote.